The Perfect Bachelorette Party Weekend in Virginia.
Love is definitely in the air at the Orchard House Bed and Breakfast! We just had our first “Elopement Ceremony” in our new gazebo (more on that in my next blog!), we have started the barn renovation project for all kinds of lovely events, and we are ramping up for the spring wedding season. It is truly a wonderful gift to be a key part of someone’s most memorable life events. We have loved helping make birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, honeymoons, baby moons, etc, that much more special! Top on the list of our favorite types of celebrations, however, would be bachelorette parties.
What a perfect venue for a bachelorette party weekend: two houses on the property (one sleeps six, one sleeps twelve and all of our rooms have a private bathroom), surrounded by close to thirty wineries, several breweries, hiking, history, antiquing, a gorgeous distillery, and a variety of restaurants.
Looking for the perfect Girl’s Weekend? Let us help you plan with several of our favorite activities in Nelson County:
- A chauffeured Wine Tour…ride in our new 14 passenger van (red, so nobody will miss us!) Let Mike safely drive you and your bachelorette party girls to 4-5 of the most beautiful wineries in the country. Enjoy the packed picnic lunches that we order from one of our favorite local restaurants, Basic Necessities. Eat and take in the delicious views at DelFosse Winery, where they graciously share their picnic tables and amazing surroundings. Learn and absorb the info that Jorge and Traci share at Brent Manor, and take tons of fabulous photos at Afton Mountain Vineyards. Your day is shaping up beautifully!
- Return to the Orchard House property in time for a refreshing nap in one of our hammocks, or get your second wind while hanging out in the many Adirondack chairs on the sprawling front lawn. We can also make arrangements to conduct a private tasting with one of our favorite wineries, Lovingston Winery, right in our own one-acre vineyard. Perfect and memorable way to conclude your afternoon of touring.
- Now it’s time for dinner! The breweries all have not only award-winning beers on tap, but the food is amazing! Anything from salads to pizzas, burgers, pastas, you name it! We love the atmosphere and meals at Devil’s Backbone, Blue Mountain Brewery, and Wild Wolf. All are close by and sport other activities, such as numerous fire pits, outdoor game areas, and often live music.
- Head back to our property and enjoy the rest of your evening with your girlfriends in tow! We have several movies in our collection….pack your snacks, beverages of choice, and relax in our Orchard House bathrobes. It’s your time together, stay up as late as you want or hit the pillow to rest up for Day Two….
- After an amazing multi-course breakfast served in our main dining room, it’s time to take on more adventures! Perhaps your group would enjoy the trails and beautiful horses at Appalachian Horse Adventures. Or maybe hiking sounds good…there are several options, including Crabtree Falls, close by. Maybe you are feeling some historical enlightenment on Day Two? We have everything from Monticello to the Natural Bridge, even Walton’s Mountain Museum, within a 40 minute drive. Not feeling overly ambitious on the second day? Pamper yourselves with the full gamut of spa treatments…anything from massages to pedicures to facials…all right across the street at the Corner Spa. Do your girlfriends like to shop? There are multiple antique stores in our area, and Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall is a short 30 minute drive. It’s the nation’s largest outdoor pedestrian mall, home to several boutiques, coffee shops, quaint restaurants, and book stores.
- Your bachelorette party at the Orchard House has ENDLESS possibilities. You can be as active as you want, or enjoy being lazy! Your call. We would love nothing more than to help plan the most spectacular, memorable, enjoyable, and photo-worthy weekend that you and your closest girlfriends could desire.
Pingback: Bachelorette Party Weekends in VA Wine Country
Hi there! I am interested to hear more about renting one of your houses for a bachelorette party. There would be about 10 of us. How much does it cost to rent the whole house? Also, how much are your packages that you can add on? Any other costs? We are looking at the weekend of June 12th-14th. Thank you!!